Personal Information Protection Policy
Ligh. Inc. (hereinafter “Ligh.,” “we,” or “our”) shall strive to comply with the laws and ordinances in regards to personal information and has set forth the following Personal Information Protection Policy (hereinafter the “Policy”) for the adequate handling of personal information.
1. Management of Personal Information
Ligh. strives to implement safety measures for the strict management of personal information by maintaining accurate and up-to-date personal information of our customers. We will take necessary measures such as maintenance of a security system, development of a management system, thorough employee education, etc. in order to prevent unauthorized access to, or loss, damage, manipulation, leakage, etc. of personal information.
2. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
Ligh. will use personal information for the following purposes.
- Contacting customers for negotiations and meetings; responding to inquiries and requests
- Sending notices related to various events, campaigns, and public relations activities
- Contacting of applicants, consideration, and notification of selection in recruitment activities
- Hiring of employees and personnel management
- Confirmation and shipment of products and materials
- Purpose associated with any of the above purposes of use
3. Entrustment of Personal Information
Ligh. shall not provide any personal information to a third party without prior consent of the individual concerned unless otherwise stipulated by laws and ordinances such as the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
4. Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
As a rule, Ligh. shall not provide any personal information to a third party without prior consent of the individual concerned. Such information shall be provided only when a specific third party is designated, the content of the information is specified, and consent has been obtained from the individual concerned. However, personal information may be provided without the consent of the individual concerned in the following instances.
- Cases in which disclosure is requested in accordance with laws, ordinances, etc.
- Cases in which a need arises for the protection of human life, body, or property, and it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual concerned.
- In the event of a specific need regarding improvement in public health or sound upbringing of children and it is difficult to obtain consent from the individual concerned.
- Cases in which it is necessary to cooperate with a national institution, local public body or an entrusted individual to execute operations prescribed by laws and ordinances and there is a risk that the performance of the said operations may be hindered by obtaining consent from the individual concerned.
5. Disclosure and Correction of Personal Information
Ligh. shall promptly respond to requests for the disclosure of personal information by the individual concerned. In addition, if there are discrepancies between the information we hold and facts or changes, then corrections, changes or deletions shall be made upon confirmation that the applicant’s identification matches the individual concerned.
6. Updates to the Personal Information Protection Policy
The contents of this Policy may be updated according to changes to laws and ordinances or as needed. Unless otherwise specifically specified, the revised Personal Information Protection Policy shall come into effect upon upload to the website.
Please contact the following for any inquiries related to the Policy or handling of personal information.
Personal Information Consultation Desk
2F 3-9-5 Minami Aoyama, Minato-ku
Tokyo, Japan 107-0062